Search This Blog

Thursday 14 April 2016

Let the Beast laugh

Loving something or having an affection towards something isn't a crime. After all we do call ourselves a democratic nation. But the sad part is when people judge you and try to define you by what you like.
I mean, just because I like playing with toys doesn’t mean I am a retard dude!!!
Well.. This blog isnt just about toys. Its about how the world of music categorized people.
I am a fan of the heavy stuff. I like listening to metal core, heavy metal, death metal, black metal, hard rock. Well, there are tons of "sub-genres "within these but all of them revolve around these genres and so, they pretty much make up the list. Now, I don’t listen to a song just because its heavy. I have my playlist and it has from the heaviest of shit to the most soothing song one may have come across. I like music. And so, any good song (which i find good) makes way to my playlist. Now, growing up listening to rock music has created its own section in my brain and whenever I need to google for some new music, I prefer googling the heavier stuff more than the softer ones.
When it comes to black metal - the genre that all know as the genre for the antichrist, its totally a false misconception.
Black metal artists are humans - like us. The simple reason that they are known as black metal artists are because they are not followers of any deity. They create music just like any other artist with heavy riffs and powerful lyrics which mostly do not revolve around religion. Its just the path they chose to follow which defines their genre for them.
Yes, I wont deny that there are artists who have lyrics strongly focussing on religious stuffs but at the end of the day, they are stating their point.
Yes, you may wonder why am I defining this genre. I will get to it.
What is the work of music? To express emotions right???
Now, arent these people humans??? They do the same. Just like a pop artist sings a jingle to express his emotion, they do the same in their own way.
Now I come to the point as to why am I talking about this specific genre.
Listening to black metal isnt a crime. Even black metal bands do come up with good music. And the most important part for a few ignorant people : "LISTENING TO BLACK METAL DOES NOT MAKE ME A SATANIST".
Frankly, I am not bothered by comments but when I hear such ridiculous statements which can be quoted as "you listen to black metal right, you are a satanist"….
Brother, I may love the corpse paint, I may love the riffs, I may love the artwork, may even love the weird stuffs they do while performing live but that doesn’t make me one of them. It just makes me a person who appreciates their stuff just like the hundred and thousands of others around the world. I don’t mind being judged. But I do mind being judged in a illogical way. Illogical reasoning only proves how far your head is up your own arse.
Open your mind up and respect the choices each individual makes around you and instead of defining their characteristic based on their choice, let them be. No body needs your validation to know themselves.
The world has enough mirrors to reflect reality.
Summing up, yes I listen to black metal, yes I have a fetish towards drawing apocalyptic caricatures, I love wild and aggressive live performances. But I am not one of them. I am a normal human being who just knows what he likes listening to, drawing and watching and respect that or shut the fuck up and scat…..

Ciao…..

No comments:

Post a Comment